ABUSE LIABILITY ASSESSMENT | TAKE YOUR FREE CONSULTANCY session
- Prescription drug abuse is a growing global challenge that underlines the importance of assessing the abuse potential of pharmaceutical products and implementing measures designed to control their non-medical use.
- The complexity of the scheduling process, and the experimental subtleties that can impact on preclinical and clinical studies used in part to determine a drug’s schedule, demand for a careful and well considered design of abuse liability investigations.
Evotec's integrated approach to abuse liability assessment can streamline the process, helping to ensure new medicines are available to the patients who need them as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
If you wish to learn more about our abuse liability assessment capabilities and what our team can do for your projects, request a one-hour free consultancy meeting with our experts!
Our drug development experts Maria Pilla and Michela Tessari have authored a white paper entitled “Drug Abuse Liability Assessment: Taking an Integrated Approach” where they discuss the challenges in pharmaceutical drug abuse liability assessment and consider the advantages of adopting an integrated approach to drug development while navigating the regulatory requirements around abuse liability assessment.
They provide insights on:
- The impact of scheduling
- Approaching abuse liability assessment
- Animal behavioural studies
- Human abuse liability studies